The Toyota Prius is a full hybrid electric hatchback vehicle and Phils Auto Clinic is your one stop shop for Prius repair. San Jacinto and surrounding areas have used Phil’s Auto Clinic as the dealership alternative for Prius repair since 2008. Prius repair requires a very skilled hand. It is important that your mechanic be certified and trained in Prius repair. Since the Prius is propelled by battery as well as gasoline , it is also important that your mechanic know the ins and outs of the Prius battery so that they can repair it properly.
Phil’s Auto Clinic technicians have expertise and training in the following specialty areas specific to the Prius hybrid:
- Transaxle Service and Repair. See page on Prius transaxle repair for more detail
- Prius battery repair or replacement with rebuilt units. See page on Hybrid battery repair
- Prius Air Conditioning: Since the Climate Control is done through the Prius Multi-Function display, diagnosis and repair of the air conditioning system can be significantly different than a typical car.
- Prius cooling system: The THS (Toyota Hybrid System) has two separate cooling systems; one for the gasoline engine and another for the hybrid-specific inverter and transaxle. Service procedures are different and there are as many as three different electric cooling pumps and an electrical switching valve that complicate the Prius cooling system. We know these systems very well and are competent to troubleshoot and service them.
- Prius Emissions system: Smog checks start in mid-2013 on all hybrid vehicles that were formerly exempt. The Prius emissions system has many additional components since the car is rated a PZEV (Partial Zero Emissions Vehicle) beginning in 2004 (Gen 2). Phil’s is your one stop shop for repair of check engine lamps.
- Prius brakes: The Prius braking system, even in the 1st Generation Prius, is very complex due to its system of recharging the battery while braking. Even the usually simple job of brake bleeding is much more complicated on the Prius. Phil’s has the tools, training, and expertise to get the job done right. The brake linings themselves typically have a very long life.
San Jacinto Prius owners trust Phil’s Auto Clinic for all of their Prius repairs and Prius battery repair. Phil’s offers certified and experienced Hybrid technicians. Because we have made a specialty out of repairing hybrids, we can often suggest cost saving ways of getting your Prius back on the road without compromising safety or performance. We have been repairing vehicles and offering vehicle maintenance since 1984. As a family owned business, you get an intimate setting and personable approach to vehicle repair. We deliver honest and professional service and repairs. Phil’s technicians are ASE certified and only use today’s top of line equipment. Phil’s Auto Clinic is also a certified Napa Auto Care Center. Our mechanics understand how important your vehicle is to your daily life and making sure that is runs correctly and properly is important. We work with you every step of the way making sure you understand what is going and how much it is going to cost. We do our best to get you the best prices available.
Contact Phil’s Auto Clinic, San Jacinto’s top choice for Prius repair, today to schedule your repair service.